To check-in online, select the check-in option from the main menu on the homepage.
Checking in online brings you many advantages:
- Quickness - There is no need to wait in queues. If you travel without baggage or only with cabin baggage, you can go directly to the boarding gate.
- Simplicity - It can be done when, where, and how you want it, just by using a device with an internet connection.
- Ecologic - No need to print the boarding pass. You can present it on your smartphone or tablet’s screen.
- Safety - Send the boarding pass to your e-mail and smartphone and have it always available.
Online check-in is available on all flights operated by Azores Airlines, for all passengers and destinations, except:
- SATA Air Açores connecting flights to Azores Airlines (connections at any point in the itinerary are considered, provided that the flights are already available for check-in).
- SATA IMAGINE members who have upgraded with miles to Comfort class.
You can check-in online from 48 hours to 1h15 before flight departure.
It will not be possible to obtain, download, or print your boarding pass in the following situations:
- When traveling with the following fares:
- Student fare, all flights;
- Resident fare, when presenting a work contract;
- Connecting flights (If you have a connecting flight, please check all the conditions here).
If you have requested a specific service*:
- Special baggage transportation;
* You must attend the airport at the check-in desk opening time so that all the necessary documentation is completed in time to ensure that the requested service is provided.
- Flights to/from the USA, Canada, Frankfurt, and Cape Verde, due to specific procedures for these destinations.
Whenever you cannot print your boarding pass, you must contact the check-in counter until 1h15 before your flight schedule time of departure.
Should you need a printed boarding pass to cover any formality, it will be available from 48 hours before the flight up to the check-in closing time. After this time, the printing of the boarding pass will only be possible upon request, via a SATA Azores Airlines booking office or through the Contact Center. The duplicate document has an associated cost of 5EUR.
Additional data – APIS (advanced passenger information system)
Airlines are required, by law, to collect passenger’s additional data for transmission to the competent authorities of some countries.
If you are traveling to/from the USA and Canada, you will be asked to enter additional identifying information during the online check-in process.
API information is mandatory, at the passenger’s responsibility. If you fail to provide this information, you will not be able to perform your online check-in.
Online check-in flights operated by partner airlines
Online check-in may be available for flight connections operated by TAP when included in your itinerary. In the case of flights operated by other airlines, online check-in conditions may be different. Check TAP’s online check-in general conditions at www.flytap.com.