- 1.1 - SATA IMAGINE is the frequent flyer program of the SATA Group companies that allows its members to obtain miles and exchange them for services and other benefits in accordance with the terms of the present regulation.
- 1.2 - “SATA Group” includes SATA Air Açores and SATA Internacional companies.
- 1.3 - The “Organizing Companies” are SATA Air Açores and SATA Internacional.
- 1.4 - “Associated Companies” are those participating in SATA IMAGINE by offering either miles or awards to their Members.
- 1.5 - “Status Miles” are miles awarded by flying on airlines that are part of the SATA Group. These miles may count in terms of raising the card’s category.
- 1.6 – “Bonus Miles” are miles awarded in all other ways, namely via services supplied by partner companies, promotions, and purchase of miles in exchange for payment of a published rate, among other possibilities.
- 1.7 – “Award Miles” is the total miles available for use as awards.
- 1.8 - “Member” means a customer of the SATA Group who has successfully joined SATA IMAGINE.
- 1.9 - It is considered “companion” the passenger who travels in the same flights as the Silversky, Goldsky or Trade member.
- 1.10 - The Terms and General Conditions defined herein consist of the SATA IMAGINE Regulation and they are subject to changes. The most recent version of the Terms and General Conditions can be found in the Internet at https://www.sata.pt/en/sata-imagine/regulation, which may be sent delivered either by post or by fax at the Members’ request through the SATA IMAGINE Help Centre (firstname.lastname@example.org). Members cannot use any written statements or other sources of information that may be out of date.
- 1.11 - The Terms and General Conditions of SATA IMAGINE are also been published in English; however, for purposes of interpretation, only the Portuguese version is binding.
- 1.12 - The Organizing Companies can change the SATA IMAGINE Regulation at any time and without prior notice. Any new rules and/or changes whatsoever to those respectively in force shall be binding to all Members from the time these are made available on the Internet.
- 2.1 - Membership of SATA IMAGINE establishes the beginning of a contractual relationship with the Organizing Companies. It is governed by the present General Terms and Conditions defining the rights and obligations associated with participation in SATA IMAGINE.
- 2.2 - All individuals who are at least 2 years old residing in any country can join SATA IMAGINE as long as there is no local legislation stating otherwise.
- 2.3 - Groups, associations, legal entities or multiple participation entities are not permitted to join SATA IMAGINE.
- 2.4 - Individuals wanting to join SATA IMAGINE will have to complete fully and submit the membership application form for this frequent flyer program made available upon contact with SATA offices or at https://www.sata.pt/en/user/register_si, with the digital form, and declare that they accept the Regulation and other SATA IMAGINE operating rules.
- 2.5 - The Organizing Companies reserve the right to decide on the admission of SATA IMAGINE Members.
- 2.6 – Clients who successfully join SATA IMAGINE on-line automatically obtain their identification number and will be considered SATA IMAGINE members. Those who choose to join SATA IMAGINE via the paper format registration form will receive a temporary card with their identification number, which will permit the accumulation of status miles in their customer account. The use of SATA IMAGINE awards and advantages will only be permitted after all the data of the respective customer have been recorded in the database of the frequent flyer program, although the missing miles from the last 12 months flights can be claimed.
- 2.7 - The Organizing Companies may exclude a SATA IMAGINE Member if he/she:
- 2.7.1 - Does not act in accordance with the present Regulation, the General Conditions or other rules directing the SATA IMAGINE operation;
- 2.7.2 - Makes false statements;
- 2.7.3 – Attempts to obtain benefits and awards by submitting false, improper or exaggerated information;
- 2.7.4 - Behaves in a disorderly manner when either on board or on the premises of one of the Organizing Companies or Associated Companies as well as insult, defame or treat in a rude manner any employee or collaborator of the referred Companies, by any means of communication;
- 2.7.5 - Does not act in accordance with the provisions of the transportation contract that is signed with any airline company of the SATA Group.
- 2.8 - Membership status will be forfeited automatically if the SATA IMAGINE activity ceases to exist;
- 2.9 - Members wanting to cancel his subscription of SATA IMAGINE must deliver their request in writing, by letter, fax or e-mail indicating their intention, which will take effect from the date of receipt by the Organizing Companies.
- 2.9.1 All SATA IMAGINE Membership cards must be returned after the Membership status ceased.
- 2.10 - Termination of Membership status entails the cancellation of all accumulated miles up to that date.
- 3.1 - The SATA IMAGINE Bluesky Membership card will be dispatched to all members admitted by the Organizing Companies.
- 3.2 – The permanent Bluesky card will be sent after the third trip with SATA Group is made and/or after the third activity in our Partners, corresponding to the accumulation of status miles.
- 3.2.1 – Bluesky, Silversky, Goldsky and Trade cards are personal and not transferable.
- 3.3 – All Bluesky Members who accumulate 25.000 status miles or complete 100 flights in their personal SATA IMAGINE Member account in the course of two years, will be supplied the Silversky card.
- 3.4 – Silversky cardholders who accumulate 70.000 status miles or complete 200 flights in their account in the course of two years, will obtain the Goldsky card.
- 3.5 – All SATA IMAGINE Membership cards remain property of the Organizing Companies and must be returned after the Membership status ceased.
- 3.6 - Lost, stolen, expired or damaged SATA IMAGINE Membership cards will be replaced after the Organizing Companies have received notification of this fact and, in some situations, after payment of an administrative fee.
- 3.7 - Silversky and Goldsky Members who have not registered any activity during a period of 12 months may be notified of the change in the card’s category, which in fact will be activated 6 months after notification if the Member’s account continues to be inactive.
- 4.1 – Prizes offered within the scope of SATA IMAGINE consist, amongst other elements that either are or will be defined by Organizing Companies, of upgrades with miles or award tickets valid for travel on SATA Air Açores and SATA Internacional regular operating routes and other SATA IMAGINE partner companies.
- 4.2 – Access to all benefits and prizes given by SATA IMAGINE shall only be granted upon presentation of the Member card and/or SATA IMAGINE Member number.
- 4.3 - SATA IMAGINE Members enjoy the following benefits:
- 4.3.1. – Bluesky Category
- 184.108.40.206 – Award tickets in accordance with the calculator available atwww.sata.pt. For members between 2 and 12 years old are required 100% of the miles defined for adults.
- 220.127.116.11 – Upgrade to SATA Plus Class (Business Class) in accordance with the calculator available atwww.sata.pt;
- 18.104.22.168 – Bluesky priority at check-in when on stand-by.
- 22.214.171.124 – Special benefits for using the services of the SATA IMAGINE partners.
- 126.96.36.199 - Possibility to issue award tickets or upgrades for infants (younger than 2 years) with 10% of the miles required, and child’s members (from 2 until 12 years old) with 100% of the miles required for adults.
- 4.3.2 –SilverSky Category - All the benefits of Bluesky plus:
- 188.8.131.52 – Silversky Priority at check-in when on stand-by.
- 184.108.40.206 – Possibility of checking in at Executive counters with SATA PLUS signs (for passengers in executive class), in SATA Internacional flights, even when flying in economy class.
- 220.127.116.11 - Priority in collecting checked luggage in SATA Internacional regular flights.
- 18.104.22.168 – Access for Silversky members to lounges in portuguese airports listed at https://www.sata.pt/en/sata-imagine/benefits, as long as they have a SATA ticket and are travelling on flights operated by SATA.
- 22.214.171.124 – Possibility of issuing an award ticket or upgrade for one or more people of choice, SATA IMAGINE’s members, with 100% of the required miles, (10% of miles in the case of infants aged under 2 years), subject to presentation of written authorization from the SATA IMAGINE account holder.
- 126.96.36.199 – 25% increase in the miles accumulated by flying with one of the SATA Group companies, to be counted as Bonus miles.
- 4.3.3 – GoldSky Category - All the benefits of Silversky plus:
- 188.8.131.52 – Goldsky priority at check-in when on stand-by.
- 184.108.40.206 – Access for Goldsky members plus one companion SATA IMAGINE member - if not applicable, please subscribe here, to lounges in portuguese airports listed at https://www.sata.pt/en/sata-imagine/benefits, when travelling on same flights and operated by SATA.
- 220.127.116.11 – Plus 10kg of baggage allowance (checked) for the paid class, in SATA Air Açores or SATA Internacional regular flights, or an extra piece for flights from/to North America (when flying with Discount and Smart fares, or when flying with award ticket in economic class).
- 18.104.22.168 – 40% increase in the miles accumulated by flying with one of the SATA Group companies, to be counted as Bonus miles.
- 22.214.171.124 – Goldsky member and companion, SATA IMAGINE’s member, award tickets may be changed or refund without being subject to a fee, as long as they show up before of the previously booked flight. A fee for award ticket change or refund will be applied in case of not being in the same flight or in case of international flights from/to North America, as presented on table.
- 126.96.36.199 – Exemption from payment of the published fee for the issue of a new Goldsky card in the event of loss, theft, damage or change of name.
- 4.3.4 - TRADE Category - Just for tourism sector professionals:
- 188.8.131.52 - TRADE priority at check-in when on stand-by.
- 184.108.40.206 - Possibility of checking in at Executive counters with SATA PLUS signs (destined for passengers in executive class) in SATA Internacional flights, even when flying in economy class.
- 220.127.116.11 - Priority in collecting checked luggage in SATA Internacional regular flights.
- 18.104.22.168 - Possibility of issuing an award ticket or upgrade for one or more persons, SATA IMAGINE’s members, of their choice with 100% of the required miles (10% of miles in case of infants aged under 2 years), subject to presentation of a written authorization from the SATA IMAGINE account holder.
- 22.214.171.124 - Access for TRADE members plus one companion SATA IMAGINE member(- if not applicable, please subscribe here) to lounges in portuguese airports listed at https://www.sata.pt/en/sata-imagine/benefits, when travelling on same flights and operated by SATA.
- 126.96.36.199 - Plus 10kg of baggage allowance (checked) for paid class, in SATA Air Açores and SATA International regular flights, or an extra piece for flights from/to North America (when flying with Discount and Smart fares, or when flying with an award ticket, or in economic class).
- 188.8.131.52 – Increase in 50% of the miles accumulated by flying with GRUPO SATA, which will be accounted as Bonus Miles.
- 184.108.40.206 - Payment exemption of the published fee for the issue of a new TRADE card in case of lost, theft, damage or name change.
- 220.127.116.11 - TRADE members and companions (SATA IMAGINE’s members) award tickets may be changed or refund without being subject to a fee, as long as they show up for the previously booked flight. A fee for award ticket change or refund will be applied in case of not being in the same flight or in case of international flights from/to North America, as presented on table.
- 4.3.1. – Bluesky Category
- 4.4 – Besides these benefits and prizes, others may be offered during limited periods, which will be communicated on the website www.sata.pt, and/or in other media.
- 4.5 – Payment of airport fees, fuel fees and all other fees shall be the responsibility of the Member.
- 4.6 – Upgrades with miles are not permitted in situations of agreements, exchanges, government orders, industry discounts, agent discounts or SATA IMAGINE award tickets.
- 4.7 – Awards offered and the prerequisite number of miles is regularly published and is made available to SATA IMAGINE Members via the prizes calculator at https://www.sata.pt/en/imagine/award-calculator. Information regarding the prizes can also be requested via Contact Centre and in a SATA sales office.
- 4.8 –The Organizing Companies may change the prizes and respective miles at any time and without prior notice. Changes will be communicated in accordance with the stipulations in 4.7.
- 4.9 – Awards tickets can be booked and issued at www.sata.pt, SATA Sales Office and at Contact Center.
- 4.10- Upgrades with miles may only be reserved and issued at SATA Sales Offices and at Contact Center.
- 4.11- Award tickets issued on TAP flights can‘t be changed to SATA flights or vice versa, since the amount of miles used depends on the choice of flight is on SATA or TAP.4.13 – Reservations made at least 15 days before departure, ticketing must be completed 12 days after reservations are made. For reservations made within 14 days before the flight booked, ticketing must be completed within 24 hours.
- 4.12 – When Members make a reservations or request of an award or a benefit, they must declare that they are doing it. Reservations with other applicable fares may not be transformed in award reservations or benefits. The Organizing Companies can refuse the attribution of an award or benefit in case the member has already done a reservation for a flight or service, without declaring previously that the reservation was to be used as a SATA IMAGINE award.4.13 - Reservations made at least 15 days before departure, ticketing must be completed 12 days after reservations are made. For reservations made within 14 days before the flight booked, ticketing must be completed within 24 hours.
- 4.14- After the award ticket issued, all changes in reservations shall be subject to an administrative fee. The exception applies when clients do not show to the previously booked flight which will be subject to an administrative fee. These amounts can be consulted here. This facility does not allow the change of route and fare basis.
- 4.15 –Upgrades to business class, SATA Plus, with miles redemption, are allowed only on flights operated by SATA Internacional keeping all the conditions applied to the original ticket. Upgrades to business class are only allowed when the reservation is confirmed in the class originally booked, in the intended flight. For reservations made and tickets issued by other companies than SATA Group, miles’ upgrades can only be carried out at airports and within 24 hours prior to flight departure.
- 4.16-There are two levels of redemption for miles to get upgraded to business class, so if you purchase a discount fare, a higher value will be redeemed in miles. Check here the number of miles required for upgrade to SATA Plus.
- 4.17 – Reimbursement of the awards and miles will be possible to domestic and internacional flights, subject to application of an administrative fee to Bluesky and Silversky Members, provided that the ticket has not been used. In case of clients that do not show to the previously booked flight, will be applied a Noshow fee. These amounts can be consulted here.
- 4.17.1 Miles reimbursed in previous terms pass from status miles to bonus miles.
- 4.18 – SATA IMAGINE Members who have confirmed their reservations for travel using award tickets and who fail to board without having previously cancelled their reservation will be subject to a specific fee according to published values.
- 4.19 – The availability of seats for award tickets varies according to the origin/destination pair as well as the date and time of the flight. The number of seats for award tickets is limited even on those flights that are not yet fully booked. Furthermore, Organizing Companies may stipulate other limitations, namely, restricting flights and/or periods for use of prizes (blackout).
- 4.20 – The prizes calculator referred to in 4.7 indicates the miles required for exchanging award tickets in the economy class, as well as those required for obtaining award tickets in the SATA Plus service class. It also provides information regarding the miles necessary for upgrading an economy class ticket to executive class, SATA Plus.
- 4.21 – Award tickets are valid for one year from the issue date, or one year from the start date of travel if this occurs within one year of issue.
- 4.22 – Award tickets issued as part of a promotion shall only be valid for the duration of this promotion.
- 4.23 – To the extent that Organizing Companies themselves render services assigned as prizes within the scope of SATA IMAGINE, Members benefiting from these enjoy the same rights and duties (defined by the General Conditions for Passenger and Baggage Transportation) as any other passenger of the Organizing Companies.
- 4.24 – Award tickets may only be used by SATA IMAGINE Members, except babies aged from 0 to 2, exclusively.
- 4.25 – The assigned prizes are personal and non-transferable and cannot be transferred, substituted, augmented or accumulated. In case of death of the SATA IMAGINE member, accumulated miles can’t be transferred to the account of another member.
- 4.26 – Regarding the fare component of the award tickets, they are issued exclusively against a debit of miles in the Member account and no other combination involving any other means of payment is possible, excepting a promotion that may be launched for a limited period of time by the Organizing companies.
- 5.1 – Miles are the monetary unit of SATA IMAGINE.
- 5.2 – Each Member will have their personal SATA IMAGINE account where their awarded miles will be credited.
- 5.3 – Miles can’t be exchanged for their equivalent in money.
- 5.4 – Miles are obtained as follows:
- 5.4.1 – For any regular SATA Air Açores or SATA Internacional flight, Members will be credited with the number of status miles corresponding to the class and/or fare associated to the trip they are accomplishing in accordance with the miles calculator available at https://www.sata.pt/en/imagine/miles-calculator.
- 5.4.2 – Miles will be accumulated on flights operated under a code-share system whenever the ticket has the S4 or SP code, regardless of the operator company.
- 5.4.3 – Members travelling on the SATA Plus (business class) service class will be assigned 50% more than the corresponding number of miles stipulated in the calculator of miles for the class and/or fare associated to the trip they are accomplishing.
- 5.4.4 – On flights operated by SATA will be assigned a reduced percentage of miles to certain fares, as presented on miles calculator.
- 5.4.5 - On flights operated by TAP Portugal may exist some fares that are not covered with scores of miles in SATA IMAGINE account.
- 5.4.6 – The Organizing Companies may carry out various promotional activities that imply either temporary increases or decreases of miles stipulated in the calculator, as well as miles promotions.
- 5.4.7 – Accumulation of bonus miles resulting from partnerships that SATA IMAGINE may establish with other companies and entities shall require compliance with specific rules established for each partnership. Members may also be required to join in advance in order to benefit from these partnerships.
- 5.4.8 Miles transfer according to published values. The amounts paid for these miles are non-refundable.
- Mile purchases can only be made by telephone to the Contact Center, paying by credit card, or at all SATA ticketing offices, which accept all forms of payment, except by checks. It will only be possible with the presentation of a written authorization from the SATA IMAGINE account holder. These miles purchased are considered Bonus Miles.
- 5.4.9 – Miles purchase according to published values. The amounts paid for these miles are non-refundable.
- Mile purchases can only be made by telephone to the Contact Center, paying by credit card, or at all SATA ticketing offices, which accept all forms of payment, except by checks. These miles purchased are considered Bonus Miles.
- 5.4.10 - Charter flights are not eligible to credit miles because they are not considered regular flights operated by SATA Group.
- 5.5 – While respecting the norms of this Regulation, the Organizing Companies may offer promotions to only a confined group of Members. Members who are not included in these promotions may not claim the same benefits for themselves. Moreover, the Organizing Companies are not obliged to communicate the selection criteria for the restricted group.
- 5.6 – Promotions may be disseminated and/or communicated to Members only by e-mail, sms, site www.sata.pt and/or Facebook on SATA’s page.
- 5.7 – Miles will not be awarded for unused or expired tickets.
- 5.8 – Members must indicate their SATA IMAGINE number when making a reservation and must present their SATA IMAGINE membership card when they check in, in order to ensure that accumulated miles are correctly credited to their account. You may keep track of your activities in your personal member area at www.sata.pt. They should present their SATA IMAGINE card, or indicate their SATA IMAGINE number whenever they use services of SATA IMAGINE Partners.
- 5.9 – If, for whatever reason, miles regarding a flight are not credited in the SATA IMAGINE account, Members may request a retroactive credit to their account, up to twelve months after the respective flight, in the following two ways:
- 5.9.1 – By making the retroactive request for miles in the personal Member area at www.sata.pt by entering the ticket number, flight number, route flown and fare class. The conclusion of this procedure may take up to 40 days, after which you should confirm if the respective miles were counted by consulting your statement of activities.
- 5.9.2 – By sending a written communication by post, e-mail or fax accompanied by all the documentation supporting your request, a copy of your travel itinerary or the electronic ticket. .
- 5.10 – The Organizing Companies may not be held responsible for any consequences regarding the non-crediting of miles of a Member account.
- 5.11 – The miles of Bluesky, Silversky, Goldsky and Trade cardholders of SATA IMAGINE do not expire over time. However, accounts with balance over 500.000 miles are not permitted. If members with Bluesky and Silversky cards don’t have any activity in a period within 12 consecutive months, miles with more than 3 years will be expired.
- 5.12 – SATA IMAGINE miles cannot be accumulated with those of other Members in order to obtain a single prize.
- 5.13 –Miles can only be transferred to the account of another member of this program by paying an administrative fee in accordance with the appendix, based on a written authorization from the SATA IMAGINE account holder.
- 5.14 – Members can only acquire miles in accordance with the terms and conditions of the appendix.
- 5.15 – Tickets issued by the Organizing Companies under barter agreements, government orders, industry discounts, and agent discounts or as SATA IMAGINE prizes do not give an entitlement for miles to be awarded.
- 5.16 – Tickets issued under loyalty programs or other similar programs (e.g. SATA Imagine, TAP Victoria - tickets with miles) and tickets issued for aviation related employees (commonly known as ID/AD) are not eligible for inter-island connecting flights.
- 5.17 - The Organizing Companies shall supply account statements whenever SATA IMAGINE Members make this request. As an alternative, Members can access their Member area at www.sata.pt in order to consult all their activities at SATA IMAGINE.
- 6.1 – The Organizing Companies do not accept any responsibilities whatsoever for charges or other costs to which Members may be subject in association with either the benefits or prizes achieved within the scope of SATA IMAGINE.
- 6.2 – On applying for membership to SATA IMAGINE, Members expressly authorize SATA Air Açores and SATA Internacional to use the personal data stored in their systems exclusively for the purpose of personalizing services, marketing and communication. These data shall be treated confidentially and shall not be ceded to third parties, with the exception of other companies that become part of the Organizing Companies. All Members enjoy at all times the widest access to their personal details and may make corrections or changes, as they consider necessary by accessing their personal area at www.sata.pt or by contacting our SATA offices. SATA is not responsible for any loss, theft or abusive misuse of the account, card or awards of the SATA IMAGINE member.
- 6.3 – Any Member who infringes on this Regulation and other SATA IMAGINE operating rules, or who inappropriately uses the prizes or tries to obtain benefits by making false statements, may have his/her SATA IMAGINE card cancelled along with the annulment of any accumulated miles and/or prizes; this in addition to having to pay compensation for the damages arising from these actions.
- 6.4 – Prizes which are obtained either illegally or in contravention to this Regulation shall be annulled.
- 6.6 – Eventual changes or amendments to the SATA IMAGINE Regulation shall be binding to all Members from the date these are disseminated on the SATA website on the Internet.
- 6.7 – SATA Air Açores and SATA Internacional reserve the right to entrust the pursuit of SATA IMAGINE either to successor companies (in the event of a restructuring of the company’s organizations) or to third parties; and to transfer Members’ contracts to the referred successor companies or third parties for this purpose. Members shall be notified of this fact with reasonable prior notice.
- 6.8 – SATA IMAGINE´s partners list will be updated on www.sata.pt, and will be the one considered for benefits and awards.
- 6.9 – SATA Air Açores and SATA Internacional reserve the right to modify or extinguish some of the partnerships.
- 6.10 – The modifications referred in 6.6 do not imply pre-advise to SATA IMAGINE members.
|ADMINISTRATIVE TAXES||Bluesky | Silversky||Goldsky | Trade|
|Miles Transfer (Price per 1.000 miles block)||€20||€20|
|Miles Purchase (Price per 1.000 miles block)||€35||€35|
|Lost card (duplicate)||€20||€0|
|Award Tickets Changes (domestic and international flights)||Before departure flight||€30||€0|
|Award ticket Refund (domestic flights)*||Before start the trip||€30||€0|
|Award ticket Refund (international flights)||Before start the trip||€50||€0|
*"Awards", means award tickets and upgrades with miles.
|Service Fee - SATA IMAGINE - Award tickets|
*Note: *In flights to/from Portugal with origin/destination Gran Canaria the Service ticket fee is 50.00€.
Miles expiration: If members with Bluesky and Silversky cards don’t have any movements in a period within 12 consecutive months, miles with more than 3 years will be expired.
Miles purchase and transfer:
All purchased miles will be considered Bonus Miles and the amount paid is non-refundable. Mile purchases can only be made through SATA’s Contact Center, paying with credit card, or at all SATA Ticketing Offices, which accept all forms of payment, except by checks. The transfer of miles will only be possible based on a written authorization from the SATA IMAGINE account holder.
It is only allowed dates and timetable changes.
After departure, the award refunds are not allowed.