By accessing this website, the user agrees to abide by the following terms and conditions. These terms shall constitute an agreement and shall replace any prior oral or written understandings or agreements on the use of websites or other services and applications provided via Internet by Grupo SATA. Please read this section carefully prior to using them.
1. Agreement between the User and Grupo SATA
By using or obtaining any content from the Grupo SATA website, the user asserts that he or she is at least 18 years of age, and is in no way legally impaired to be bound by third parties.
Grupo SATA website is optimized for the following browsers: latest versions of Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari.
The user agrees to use the Grupo SATA website in strict compliance with the law, and without compromising the image and reputation of Grupo SATA in any way.
The user’s acceptance of these Terms and use of the Grupo SATA website shall not constitute any partnership, employment or working relationship with Grupo SATA.
The section titles herein are for mere convenience and ease of reference, and shall in no way restrict these Terms.
- a) “Grupo SATA websites” or “Grupo SATA website” shall mean www.azoresairlines.pt, its respective sub-domains and any other website belonging to, operated and/or controlled by Grupo SATA, together with their respective content, brands, digital assets, products and services available through these websites and sub-domains. For clarification purposes, Grupo SATA shall not include third-party websites, websites linked to www.azoresairlines.pt or websites managed by third-party content suppliers, such as azoresairlines.ezrez.com, cruises.azoresairlines.com, azoresairlines.wwte1.com, help.azoresairlines.com, workhere.azoresairlines.com, and shop.azoresairlines.com. These Terms shall only apply to websites and services whose content is furnished and/or controlled by Grupo SATA.
- b) “Content” shall mean text, documents, information, data, articles, images, photos, graphics, tables, software, video applications, audio recordings, projects, resources and other material furnished by Grupo SATA at its websites. “Content” shall also include brands, products and services.
- c) “Brand” shall mean brands, trade names, service marks, trademarks, logotypes, customized graphics, images and icons owned by Grupo SATA.
- d) “Products and Services" shall mean airline tickets, Grupo SATA “Gateway” vacation packages, Grupo SATA merchandise and other products and services available through Grupo SATA websites.
- e) "Purchase" shall include pre-scheduling, reservations and purchases.
- f) "SATA IMAGINE" is a customer loyalty programme offered by SATA.
- 3.3 The application’s security is ensured through SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology, which is based on encrypting communications between your personal computer and our server so that they cannot be intercepted.
- 3.4 Grupo SATA aims to collect the least amount of information possible from its customers to provide a personalized service and facilitate navigation.
- 3.5 Grupo SATA respects the principles of privacy and data protection in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act (Lei da Protecção de Dados Pessoais). As such, the personal data of our customers/passengers shall not be disclosed to third parties.
- 3.6 Please contact Grupo SATA if, at any time, you do not wish to receive further information.
- 3.7 Your navigation at the website shall be tracked for statistical purposes.
Cookies are small information files placed in your computer to allow websites to remember your preferences, dates and prior website navigation. These files also allow you to avoid having to re-enter your personal information and password whenever you use the Grupo SATA website. Users are entitled to configure their browsers to notify them of the receipt of cookies or even block them. However, please be aware that this may prohibit the use of some services.
- 3.9 Notwithstanding the provisions of the above paragraphs, Grupo SATA shall not be responsible for unauthorized third-party access to your data and information.
4. Information and Intellectual Property Owned by Grupo SATA
- 4.1. Rights of Ownership
- 4.1.1. The Grupo SATA website shall be the sole and exclusive property of Grupo SATA. Grupo SATA shall maintain all rights, title and interest in the Grupo SATA website.
- 4.1.2. The Grupo SATA website is protected by copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, unfair competition rules, intellectual property rights and other international laws and treaties. The unauthorized use, reproduction or modification of the Grupo SATA website may be in breach of such laws.
- 4.1.3 SATA IMAGINE and other brand names appearing in this website, exhibited or used at Grupo SATA websites are registered trademarks. These trademarks may not be copied, downloaded, reproduced, used, modified or distributed by any means without prior written consent from Grupo SATA.
5. Personal Licenses from Grupo SATA
- 5.1 Grupo SATA grants you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable and revocable license to use the Grupo SATA website as expressly allowed under these Terms, and without entitlement to other rights or licenses with respect to the Grupo SATA website.
- 5.2 In accordance with the provisions of the above paragraph, the user agrees to use the Grupo SATA website only to obtain information on products and services and/or to make legitimate purchases on the user’s behalf or on behalf of others for whom the user is authorized to do so.
6. License for Digital Downloading/Use of Content
- 6.1 The user may only download the digital assets contained at www.azoresairlines.pt for personal use or to make purchases with Grupo SATA. The downloading of these assets shall convey no rights of ownership for this or any other user.
- 6.2 The user agrees that digital resources may not be sold or sub-licensed by the user. The user may not use digital resources in any way suggesting sponsorship or association with Grupo SATA, or with any product or service beyond those established by Grupo SATA, without written consent from Grupo SATA to this end.
- 6.3 The user may copy, exhibit or print a copy of any part of the website’s content. However, the user may not modify the content in any way, and must include the following Grupo SATA copyright notice: "© 2016, Grupo SATA”.
- 6.4 The user may not:
- 6.4.1 Resize, falsify, add to, exclude, change the colour of or otherwise modify any digital asset without prior written authorization from Grupo SATA;
- 6.4.2 Sub-license, distribute, transfer or assign the image(s) or any rights thereto.
7. Reservation of Rights not Granted
All rights not expressly granted herein shall be reserved.
8. Website Changes and Updates
- 8.1 Any aspect of the Grupo SATA website may be changed, supplemented, eliminated, updated, interrupted, suspended or modified at any time without advance notice. However, Grupo SATA shall assume no obligation to update the information contained in the Grupo SATA homepage.
- 8.2 Grupo SATA may also change or impose fees for certain services, or establish or change general service practices, at any time without advance notice.
The user should therefore periodically visit this page when using the Grupo SATA website to review the current applicable Terms.
Grupo SATA shall not promise the availability of Grupo SATA websites, and shall assume no obligation or responsibility for any delay, interruption or suspension.
10. Accuracy of Content
- 10.1 Content shall be for information purposes only and for the sale of airline tickets. Although Grupo SATA makes every effort to ensure the content’s quality and accuracy, errors may exist, and the information provided may be incomplete.
- 10.2 Grupo SATA shall assume no obligation or responsibility for errors or omissions; the user shall be responsible for assessing the accuracy, completeness and utility of any content available through the Grupo SATA homepage or obtained from a linked website.
- 11.1 Grupo SATA takes all necessary measures to block viruses from its websites. However, Grupo SATA cannot ensure that the Grupo SATA website is always free of viruses or other malicious software.
- 11.2 Grupo SATA shall assume no obligation or responsibility for any damage to computer equipment or other assets resulting from the use of Grupo SATA websites; the user shall be responsible for taking the appropriate safety measures prior to downloading information from Grupo SATA websites.
12. Outbound Links
- 12.1 The Grupo SATA website may provide links to other websites. These links are for reference purposes only.
- 12.2 Users who click on these links are leaving the Grupo SATA homepage and entering a third-party website. Grupo SATA SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES OR PURCHASES WITH THIRD PARTIES THROUGH THESE WEBSITES.
13. Warranty Disclaimer
The Grupo SATA website and digital resources downloaded in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 6 shall be furnished “as is” and without warranties of any kind involving purchasability, marketability or suitability for a specific purpose.
14. Limitation of Liability
- 14.1. The user shall be subject to applicable law, and shall be solely and exclusively liable for the use of this website.
- 14.2. Grupo SATA, as an intermediate service provider aimed solely at transmitting information via a network and providing access to a communications network, without originating the transmissions or having involvement in the content of the messages transmitted, the selection of these messages or their recipients, shall be exempt from all liability involving the information transmitted.
- 14.3. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL Grupo SATA OR ITS AFFILIATES BE HELD LIABLE FOR DAMAGES (DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE OR OTHER) ARISING FROM THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS WEBSITE, FROM ANY NOTICE CONTAINED THEREIN, OR FROM ANY CONTENT OBTAINED THROUGH ANOTHER WEBSITE IN CONNECTION WITH THE Grupo SATA WEBSITE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED ON A CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, UNLAWFUL ACTS OR OTHER FORMS OF LIABILITY.
16. Online Purchases
- 16.1 General Conditions of Carriage
The General Conditions of Carriage, available at this website, should be read when entering into a purchase agreement with Grupo SATA. THE READING OF THESE TERMS SHALL STILL REQUIRE THE READING OF THE GENERAL CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE, WHICH SHALL GOVERN THE TRANSPORT AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE PASSENGER AND Grupo SATA.
- 16.2 Payment Methods
- 16.2.1 Credit Card
The following credit cards may be used for all markets and flights where e-tickets are available: Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Maestro.
Credit cards will always be debited immediately.
Are online credit card payments secure?
This website has a sophisticated fraud detection and prevention mechanism.
The solution verifies the authenticity of online payments, while simultaneously safeguarding the integrity and security of customer data and protecting customer identity.
Security is ensured through SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology, which is based on encrypting communications between your personal computer and our server so that they cannot be intercepted.
As such, Grupo SATA reserves the right to refuse the transport of passengers or baggage when transactions are considered illicit or when purchases are not made through an authorized Grupo SATA agent.
Any and all activities deemed unlawful in nature shall be immediately reported to the competent authorities.
17. Governing Law
- 17.1 These Conditions of Carriage shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with Portuguese law.
- 17.2 The user shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Judicial Court of Ponta Delgada, to the exclusion of all other courts, to settle any disputes.
Av. Infante D. Henrique, 55
9504-528 Ponta Delgada
São Miguel - Azores – Portugal
Phone: +351 296 209 700
Tax ID number: 512 029 393