When booking your flight, let us know that you will be traveling with a baby or child and find out about all the special conditions or services that we have available for these very special passengers.
We have special meals for special passengers! We offer age-appropriate meals for children and babies that will be one of the highlights of this experience above the clouds.
Meals for children and babies are automatically allocated to seat bookings made up to 48 hours before flight departure. Some types of special meals may not be available at all airports, so your request will be on standby until confirmation.
During Azores Airlines’ flights, except for flights on our Bombardier Q400 fleet, we will also be happy to warm up bottles or baby food jars. You just need to ask a member of the crew to do so.
Enjoy a selection of films and TV shows for children during your flight on our A321neo and A321LR.
Find out how to connect on board and discover new releases here.
Babies (INF) are passengers older than 7 days old and less than 2 years old when the trip starts.
If you are traveling with a baby, you can choose to:
- Travel with the baby on your lap.
At a reduced fare, our baby passengers can travel on the lap, where they must remain during the entire flight. In this case, the passenger traveling with them must be in a seat where there is an additional oxygen mask and will not be able to be seated in rows next to the emergency exits.
- Buy a seat. Infant passengers may travel in a seat approved and homologated for air transport, provided by the passenger who is traveling with them, which will be accommodated in the aircraft seat, with a child fare. Ask us for more information when booking or check the information available on “Car seats and Child Restraint Systems” here.
Children (CHD) are passengers who are aged between 2 and 11 years old, inclusively, when the trip starts.
All children must purchase a paid seat and travel accompanied by an adult passenger aged 18 or over, fully capable of taking care of the minor during the entire flight (including check-in, boarding, customs formalities, aircraft changes, or transits).
If the child is traveling alone, check the information regarding Unaccompanied Minor Service in the next section.
Car seats and child restraint systems
Car seats, similarly to what is regulated for cars, may be used in air transport, provided that they are certified and were designed to fit on aircraft seats.
A car seat may be accepted, as long as it meets the following parameters:
- Has to be approved for on-board use by an official state department, such as the European Regulation, and contains the label" ECE R44/03 or ECE R44/04;
- For flights from the USA, the CRS (Child Restraint Systems) must be approved by the government and it has "This restraint is certified for use in motor vehicles and aircraft" printed on it, "United States Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 213”; for CSD (Child Safety Device) make sure it has the label "FAA Approved under 14 CFR 21.8(d), Approved for Aircraft Use Only”
- For flights from Canada, the CRS (Child Restraint Systems) and CSD (Child Safety Device) must have labels containing the information of CAN-TSO legibly marked with at least the manufacturer’s name, subassembly part number, and the CAN-TSO number (i.g. can-tso-c100b ou can-tso-c100c),” Canadian Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (CMVSS) 213 or 213.1”
- Must have vertically shoulder belts for the infant and allow fixation with the aircraft belt;
- This service may be confirmed only if previously booked by the passenger and accepted by SATA Azores Airlines.
- Babies traveling in car-type infant seats pay a child fare, being aware that one seat is occupied;
- Car-type infant seats may never be positioned at emergency exit rows, nor on the row immediately in front of or immediately behind the emergency row
For more information please contact us through the email firstname.lastname@example.org, the phone number (+351) 296 209 720 or visit a SATA Azores Airlines sales office.
Thinking of the comfort of our smallest passengers on board, we authorize in Azores Airlines’ flights carrying as cabin baggage and using inflight sleep products such as travel snugs, inflight beds, bed boxes and seat extensions that allow children to extend their legs when sitting and even lying down completely during the flight.
We provide a permanent monitoring service for children aged between 5 and 11 who travel alone, from check-in to meeting the person who will receive them at the airport of arrival.
Our Unaccompanied Minor Service can also be requested for passengers aged between 12 and 17 years.
For more information on Unaccompanied Minors travel click here.