Air cargo transportation is subject to international law and the SATA Group airlines’ transport policy.
Items not permitted, either as cargo or as mail
- Explosives, other than small-caliber ammunition of division 1.4.S;
- Toxic gases of division 2.3,
- Fissile radioactive materials,
- Loose lithium ion or metallic batteries, not packaged or outside the equipment,
- Any packaging with dangerous goods damaged, spilled, high-temperature, or leaking.
Other restrictions in effect at SATA Group airlines
SATA Group airlines have joined the “Fly without fins” initiative. As such, the transport of shark fins is not allowed on all SATA Air Açores and Azores Airlines flights departing from any of its destinations.
You can find out more about the“ Fly Without Fins” initiative here.