Flights to Lisbon - Discovering Portugal
Lisbon – An Unforgettable City
With a metropolitan area of almost 3 million inhabitants, Lisbon is Portugal’s capital and biggest city.
Known for its great light and blue sky, almost all year long, it’s a city to fall in love at first sight and to return over and over again. Surrounded by a vibrant cosmopolitan environment, Lisbon offers grace and innovation but also originality and charisma in a varied set of charming establishments that extend from Baixa and Chiado, passing by Avenida da Liberdade, to the most modern shopping centers.
|Population | 547 733 (2011)||Language | Portuguese||Currency | Euro €|
|Country | Portugal||Area | 84,97 km2||Time zone | WET (UTC0)|
This city’s history, capital since 1255, is so rich that spreads through streets and quarters in a parade of heritage and culture, perfectly harmonized with several cafes, restaurants and terraces that welcome who passes by. + info
Alfama, Castelo, Mouraria, Bairro Alto, Chiado, Bica and Baixa historical quarters are spots worth a notice. If you have the chance, have dinner in a typical Alfama restaurant to the sound of Fado, a highly praised symbol of the Portuguese culture. +info
You can visit Lisbon in many ways, each of them very attractive:
- By foot, through typical quarters;
- By Tram, to Belém, where you can taste the famous Pastéis de Belém and discover Portugal dos Descobrimentos with gardens and monuments classified as UNESCO’s World Heritage;
- Take the Santa Justa lift, at the Pombalinho center, to enjoy a magnificent view of Baixa Lisboeta and Castelo de São Jorge;
- Cross the Tejo river by boat or contemplate Lisbon on the top of the Cristo Rei;
- Take the Metro, one of Europe’s most charming, and be dazzled by the several displays of Portuguese’s contemporary art.
Lisbon at night
You will want to take part in the Lisbon’s vivacious nightlife, considered one of the best in Europe. You can choose Bairro Alto or Cais do Sodré where you can find glamour, elegance, best quality music and a joyful multicultural environment as few. + info