Flights to Germany
Considered as one of the most organized, clean and punctual countries on the planet, Germany offers a wide range of culture, landscapes, history and leisure, able to compete with the best European destinations.
Azores Airlines has continued to work towards the goal of connecting the Azores to the world and bringing an increasing flow of tourists to our heavenly archipelago, obviously considering this important market. In this context, the Azorean airline has created the best conditions so that you can get to this magnificent country in a faster and cheaper way.
Known for being one of the richest cities in Europe and an important business center, where the European Central Bank and the German Central Bank are based, Frankfurt is also stage for the world’s largest Book Fair and an important reference in literature and culture.
For art lovers, it's worth taking a stroll down the avenues, on the margins of the river Main, where the most important museums in Frankfurt on themes like history, architecture, communication, cinema and archeology can be found.
When the night falls , visit one of the typical German taverns that can be found throughout the city and taste the famous Apfelwein (apple wine). If you are looking for entertainment all night long, stop by the Sachsenhause neighborhood, full of live music bars, discos and cafes.
|Population | 685 172 (2013)||Language | German||Currency | Euro €|
|País | Germany||Area | 801 km2||Time zone | CET (GMT+1)|
Places to visit in Frankfurt :
- Alte Oper Building in Opernplatz , one of the most famous constructions in Frankfurt, is the reconstruction of an original building completely destroyed during the war;
- Goethe’s Housewhere the well-known poet and writer lived from 1749 to 1775. Decorated according to the neoclassical, baroque and rococo eighteenth century’s styles, it houses Goethe’s favorite toy: a puppet theater. Also visit near the house the museum entirely dedicated to the life and work of the writer that contains more than 120,000 books;
- Deutsches Filmmuseum, a cinema museum that portrays the history of the cinematography industry, the Lumière Brothers and the special effects made for movies as "King Kong";
- Museu Judengasse, where there is an Holocaust memorial and where you can learn more about the life in the town’s old Jewish ghettos;
- Romer Square (Römerberg)is the central square of the old town surrounded by typical Germanic architecture;
- Historiches Museum, featuring many exhibits on the history of Frankfurt and models of the city at different ages;
- Alte Nikolaikirche, Gothic church whose origins date back to the 13th century, used by German emperors for two centuries;
- Dom Cathedral, where medieval kings were crowned and whose tower (Frankfurt Dom Turm Öffnungszeiten) offers a wonderful panoramic view of the city;
- Eschenheimer Tower, with 47 meters, is one of the few structures of the ancient walls surrounding Frankfurt, surviving until today. It is one of the most important historic sites;
- Museum of Modern Art (Museum für Moderne Kunst);
- Zeil Street, also known as "The Golden Mile", it’s the most popular and charming shopping street in Frankfurt, serving as a huge outdoor shopping center;
- Mercado Frankfurt Flea Market that is open every Saturday from 8:00am to 2:00pm, along the river Main, selling souvenirs, accessories, clothing and crafts;
- Archaeological Garden (Archäologischer Garten)discovered after World War II, it has the oldest traces of the city ever found, as a Roman sauna and the foundations of a chapel.