First of all, congratulations for your pregnancy! Let us inform you the recommendations for travel with SATA so you can enjoy a relaxed and comfortable flight.
Please verify all information below:
1. Pregnancy period between 28 and 36 weeks, inclusive
Passenger must have a Medical declaration mentioning the time of pregnancy and the absence of complications.
2. Pregnancy period superior to 36 weeks
Passenger may be accepted if presenting a Medical Information (INCAD) in triplicate issued within the period of 7 days prior to travel. This Medical declaration must inform the time of pregnancy, progress of pregnancy, normal or abnormal pregnancy evolution and probable date of confinement.
Passenger must sign a passenger declaration of responsibility, which is a part of this medical information.
3. Confinement expected within the next 7 days
Only in urgent and duly justified cases, expectant mother may be accepted. Act as described, here, in 2. Pregnancy period superior to 36 weeks.
The expectant mother shall be accompanied by someone with medical qualification (qualified midwife or physician).
Please take in consideration some advices to make your flight even more comfortable:
- Reserve an aisle seat to easily access the lavatory and to make getting up and stretching during the flight more convenient.
- Staying comfortable and maintaining good circulation is key for a smooth flight. You may want to perform some simple movements by gently extending and stretching your legs, rotating your ankles and wiggling your toes.
- Bring extra layers of clothing to ensure you’re able to adjust accordingly to the temperature changes within the cabin.
- Avoid wearing restrictive footwear, as your feet can swell during the flight.
- Wear compression stockings to facilitate blood circulation.
- Fasten your seat belt under your belly and place it low on your hips. If you require a seat belt extension for additional comfort, just ask the flight attendant and they will provide one for you.
Note 1: In the absence of delivery of the medical documents or the incorrect completion, SATA reserves the right of refusing the passenger's transport.