- Generalities and Definitions
- Benefits, Prizes and Regulation
- Counting of Miles
Generalities and Definitions
SATA IMAGINE Business is a loyalty program intended to companies at Grupo SATA’s responsibility that avails to its members the possibility to obtain miles and exchange them for trips and other benefits, by the terms established in the present regulation.
“Grupo SATA” encompasses SATA Air Açores and SATA Azores Airlines.
The “Organizing Companies” are SATA Air Açores and SATA Azores Airlines.
“Premium miles” are the total available miles to use in premium tickets and upgrades.
“Member Companies” mean client Company that has successfully joined the SATA IMAGINE Business program.
- 1.1 - The Terms and General Conditions herein are the SATA IMAGINE Business Regulation and can be subjected to changes.
- 1.2 - The Terms and General Conditions of SATA IMAGINE Business have also been published in English; however, for purposes of interpretation, only the Portuguese version is binding.
- 1.3 - The Organizing Companies can change the SATA IMAGINE Business Regulation at any time and without prior notice. Any new rules and/or changes whatsoever to those respectively in force shall be binding to all Members from the time these are made available on the Internet.
- 2.1 - Subscribing the SATA IMAGINE Business program establishes the beginning of a contractual relationship with the Organizing Companies, ruled by the existing General Terms and Conditions which define the rights and obligations associated with the participation in the SATA IMAGINE Business program.
- 2.2 - The SATA IMAGINE Business program is only intended to Companies, excluding Travel Agencies, Tour Operators, Consolidators, sales agents and Associations/Sports Groups.
- 2.3 - Companies who wish to join SATA IMAGINE Business must conveniently fill the program’s online membership form, declaring that they accept the Regulation and all other SATA IMAGINE Business functioning rules.
- 2.4 - The Organizing Companies have the right to decide about the admission of the Member Companies to SATA IMAGINE Business.
- 2.5 – Companies that successfully conclude the online subscription will receive within the following 72 hours its login and password to access the Company’s account and a mandatory code to the accumulation of miles, called “Tour Code”. In this moment, they will be considered SATA IMAGINE Business members.
- 2.6 - The Organizing Companies can exclude a SATA IMAGINE Business Member Company if:
- 2.6.1 - It doesn’t fulfill the current Regulation, the General Conditions and all other rules which guide the SATA IMAGINE Business’s functioning;
- 2.6.2 - Render false statements;
- 2.6.3 - Try to obtain benefits and prizes presenting false, inappropriate or abusive information;
- 2.6.4 - Behave disorderly aboard or in the facilities of one of the Organizing Companies or Associated Companies, as well as abuse, defame or treat rudely any of its employees, by any form or mean of communication.
- 2.6.5 - The quality of Member will automatically be lost if the SATA IMAGINE Business’s activity ceases.
- 2.6.6 - Does not comply with the provisions of the transportation contract that is signed with any airline of Grupo SATA.
- 2.7 – Member Companies wishing to leave SATA IMAGINE Business must deliver their request in writing by letter, fax or e-mail indicating their intention, which will take effect from the date of receipt by the Organizing Companies.
- 2.8 - Termination of Membership status entails the annulment of all accumulated miles up to that date.
Benefits, Prizes and Regulation
The SATA IMAGINE Business program allows accumulating miles in SATA flights operated by SATA and in flights operated by SATA in code-share with TAP, independently of the type of fare:
Business Rates, Public, Resident, in function of the booking class, all allow to accumulate miles (see miles calculator).
- 3.1 - Prizes offered within the scope of SATA IMAGINE Business consist, amongst other elements that either are or will be defined by Organizing Companies, of upgrades with miles or award tickets valid for travel on SATA Air Açores and SATA Azores Airlines regular operating routes.
- 3.2 - The SATA IMAGINE Business Member Companies have the following benefits:
- 3.2.1 - Free tickets according to the miles calculator;
- 3.2.2 - Upgrade to SATA Plus Class (business class) according to the calculator;
- 3.4 - The payment of airport and fuel taxes or others are responsibility of the Member Company.
- 3.5 - Upgrades with miles are not allowed in situation of agreements, exchange, governmental order, industry discounts, agent discount, or SATA IMAGINE Business award tickets.
- 3.6 - Offered awards and number of needed miles to win them are published regularly and are available to the SATA IMAGINE Business Member Companies in the awards calculator in www.azoresairlines.pt.
- 3.7 – The accumulated miles through the SATA IMAGINE Business loyalty program are valid for 3 years from the date of the activity.
- 3.8 - The Organizing Companies may change the prizes and respective miles at any time and without prior notice. They will be disclosed at www.azoresairlines.pt.
- 3.9 - Awards tickets can be booked and issued at www.azoresairlines.pt, at SATA Sales Offices and Customer Service Center and are only valid for SATA flights.
- 3.10 - Upgrades with miles may only be reserved and issued at SATA Sales Offices and at Customer Service Center and are only valid for SATA flights.
- 3.11 - When Members reserve or request a prize or benefit, they must declare their intention in advance. Normal orders or reservations cannot be transformed into reservations or orders for prizes or benefits. The Organizing Companies may refuse to assign either a prize or a benefit if the Member has already made a reservation for a flight or a service without having expressly declared that the respective reservation concerned to a SATA IMAGINE Business.
- 3.12 - To the reservations made at least with 15 days before departure, ticketing must be completed 12 days after reservations are made. For reservations made within 14 days before the flight booked, ticketing must be completed within 24 hours.
- 3.13 - The change in reservations after the award ticket has been issued shall be subject to an administrative fee of 30€. The exception applies when clients do not show to the previously booked flight which will be subject to an administrative fee of 70€. These amounts can be consulted at www.azoresairlines.pt. It´s not allowed changing the route or booking class.
- 3.14 – Upgrades to business class, SATA Plus, with miles redemption, are allowed only on flights operated by SATA Azores Airlines keeping all the conditions applied to the original ticket.
- 3.15 - Reimbursement of the awards and miles will be possible, subject to application of the following administrative fee, provided that the ticket has not been used:
- a) Domestic Flight - 30€ fee. In case of no-show to the previously booked flight, will be applied a no-show fee of 95€.
- b) International Flights - 50€. In case of no- show to the previously booked flight, will be applied a no-show fee of 120€ (the ticket must include at least on international leg).
- 3.16 - The availability of seats for award tickets will change according to the origin/destination as well as the date and time of the flight. The number of seats for award tickets is limited even on those flights that are not yet fully booked. Furthermore, Organizing Companies may stipulate other limitations, namely, restricting flights and/or periods for use of prizes (blackout).
- 3.17 - The prizes calculator indicates the miles required for exchanging award tickets in the economy class, as well as those required for obtaining award tickets in the SATA Plus service class. It also provides information regarding the miles necessary for upgrading an economy class ticket to executive class, SATA Plus.
- 3.18 - Award tickets are valid for one year from the date of issue, or one year from the start date of travel if this occurs within one year of issue.
- 3.19 - Award tickets issued as part of a promotion shall only be valid for the duration of this promotion.
- 3.20 - To the extent that Organizing Companies themselves render services assigned as prizes within the scope of SATA IMAGINE Business, Members benefiting from these enjoy the same rights and duties (defined by the General Conditions for Passenger and Baggage Transportation) as any other passenger of the Organizing Companies.
- 3.21 - Award tickets that each company is entitled for miles earned can be assigned to whom the Company may specify. Once issued, shall be non-transferable and cannot be transferred, substituted, expanded, and accumulated.
- 3.22 - Regarding the tariffs of the award tickets, these are issued exclusively against a debit of miles in the Member account and no other combination involving any other means of payment is possible, barring a promotion that may be launched for a limited period of time by the Organizing companies.
- 4.1 - Miles are the currency of the SATA IMAGINE Business, Company and each member will have a personal account and personal SATA IMAGINE Business, in which shall be credited accumulated miles. Miles cannot be exchanged for their equivalent in money.
- 4.2 - Miles are obtained as follows:
- 4.2.1 - For any regular SATA Air Açores or SATA Azores Airlines flight, Members will be credited with the number of status miles corresponding to the trip that they are taking in accordance with the miles calculator available at www.azoresairlines.pt.
- 4.2.2 - Miles will be accumulated on flights operated under a code-share system whenever the ticket has the S4 or SP code, regardless of the operator company.
- 4.2.3 - On flights operated by SATA will be assigned a reduced percentage of miles to certain restrictive or promotion fares, as presented on miles calculator.
- 4.2.4- On flights operated by TAP it may exist some fares that do not require SATA IMAGINE Business.
- 4.2.5 - The Organizing Companies may carry out various promotional activities that imply either temporary increases or decreases of miles stipulated in the calculator, as well as miles promotions.
- 4.2.6 - Accumulation of bonus miles resulting from partnerships that SATA IMAGINE Business may establish with other companies and entities shall require compliance with specific rules established for each partnership. Members may also be required to join in advance in order to benefit from these partnerships.
- 4.2.7 - While respecting the norms of this Regulation, the Organizing Companies may offer promotions to only a confined group of Members. Members who are not included in these promotions may not claim the same benefits for themselves. Moreover, the Organizing Companies are not obliged to communicate the selection criteria for the restricted group. Promotions may be disseminated and/or communicated to Members only by e-mail and/or the Internet.
- 4.2.8 - Miles will not be awarded for unused or expired tickets.
- 4.2.9 - Members must indicate their SATA IMAGINE Business Tour code when the reservations are made in order to ensure that accumulated miles are correctly credited to their account. You may keep track of your activities in your personal member area at www.azoresairlines.pt
- 4.2.10 - If, for some reason, miles regarding a flight are not credited in the SATA IMAGINE Business account, Members may request a retroactive credit to their account, up to twelve months after the respective flight, by email trough firstname.lastname@example.org, with the ticket number, flight number, route flown and tariff class. The processing of this request takes 40 days, after which you should confirm if the respective miles were counted by consulting your statement of activities.
- 4.2.11 - The Organizing Companies may not be held responsible for any consequences whatsoever regarding the non-crediting of miles of a Member account.
- 4.2.12 - Tickets issued by the Organizing Companies under swap agreements, government orders, industry, agent discounts or premiums on the SATA IMAGINE Business, are not eligible for earning miles.
- 4.2.13 - Whenever requested by the Company Members SATA IMAGINE Business, the Organizing Companies shall provide statements of your account. Alternatively, they can access your Member area in www.azoresairlines.pt to see all its activities on the SATA IMAGINE Business.
- 5.1 - The Organizing Companies do not accept any responsibilities whatsoever for charges or other costs to which Members may be subject in association with either the benefits or prizes achieved within the scope of SATA IMAGINE Business.
- 5.2 - On applying for membership to SATA IMAGINE Business, the Company Members expressly authorize SATA Air Açores, SATA Azores Airlines to use the personal data stored in their systems exclusively for the purpose of personalizing services, marketing and communication. These data shall be treated confidentially and shall not be ceded to third parties, with the exception of other companies that become part of the Organizing Companies. All Members enjoy at all times the widest access to their personal details and may make corrections or changes, as they deem necessary by accessing their personal area at www.azoresairlines.pt or by contacting our SATA offices.
- 5.3 - The Organizing Company reserves the right at any time to change all or part of this Regulation, as well as dissolve SATA IMAGINE Business, by notice issued with reasonable notice.
- 5.4 - Eventual changes or amendments to the SATA IMAGINE Business Regulation shall be binding to all Members from the date these are disseminated on the SATA website on the Internet.
- 5.5 - SATA Air Açores and SATA Azores Airlines reserve the right to entrust the pursuit of SATA IMAGINE either to successor companies (in the event of a restructuring of the company’s organizations) or to third parties; and to transfer Members’ contracts to the referred successor companies or third parties for this purpose. Members shall be notified of this fact with reasonable prior notice.