Extra Baggage - Back to school
To aid your return to school, and so that you have all you need at the beginning of the new school year, we offer teachers traveling between their place of residence and the teaching place an additional up to 10 kg1, or an extra volume up to 10 kg2, on flights operated by SATA Air Açores and Azores Airlines.
Our student passengers between the ages of 12 and 26 continue to benefit from an additional baggage allowance of up to 10 kg1, or an extra volume up to 10 kg2, on our flights.
Find out how to use this service here.
Check here the checked baggage limits permitted on SATA Air Açores and Azores Airlines.
1 - On flights between the Azores islands, between the Azores and Madeira, and between the Azores and mainland Portugal.
2 - On the USA, Canada, Europe, and Africa routes.
- Applicable to teachers traveling between their place of residence and the teaching institution;
- Valid on all routes and on all flights operated by Azores Airlines and SATA Air Açores, for trips between August 21 and October 30;
- Submit, at check-in, one of the following documents:
- a)a statement from the school, attesting that the teacher is teaching in that educational establishment; or
- b)a list of placements which shows the teacher’s name and the school where he is placed, in the case of hired teachers making the first trip; or
- c)a copy of the email sent to DRE in which the teacher declares that he/she accepts the placement, in the case of hired teachers making the first trip.
Learn here regarding the current pandemic, the restrictions and procedures for entering our destinations.
Your safety and wellness are our priority. Find here our travel recommendations guide for your trip.